Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

http://xxx.redirect.analysis.windows.net/metadata/tenantsettings/properties 401 error

Hi everyone

We have a couple of embeded reports and we are getting 401 errors when the request to this url is being made:

jjaramillo_0-1654606384743.png

However as you can see, we have previous request being done to the same url that work as expected:

jjaramillo_1-1654606444463.png

Any idea what might be happening here?

Thanks is advance

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 311553667, engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Also , please enable tenant setting shown in below snapshot, 'Allow service principals to use read-only Power BI admin APIs'. See if the problem still exists.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1654653748947.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 311553667, engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Also , please enable tenant setting shown in below snapshot, 'Allow service principals to use read-only Power BI admin APIs'. See if the problem still exists.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1654653748947.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thanks for the follow up!

I'll update as soon as the dev ops team checks the Allow service principals to use read-only Power BI admin APIs option. Unfortunately I do not have the permission level to do, so this might take a little bit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

I can confirm that the setting is indeed enabled

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Any updates on this?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Engineers are still overcoming technical difficulties and there are no more updates on this issue.

Best Regards,