Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

html report on sharepoint not working as data source

Hello

I have setup a report utilzing and html report from SAP that I am receiving every morning. And so far there has been no problem in powerbi with manually saving the html file on the common drive an loading from there. However utilising this approach I have to manually save it and/or be on site with open computer.

By setting up a powerautomate flow I can transfer the file in the cloud to our sharepoint. However when loading the html file from sharepoint Power BI fails to be able to pull the data. The PowerBI having issues getting data from htm file on sharepoint with 4 tables in. The htm file on sharepoint looks graphically fine with 4 tables in. But when getting data through powerbi find the file name as binary data, but powerBI cannot read table 1-4.

Its not due to file modification on sharepoint since we can download the file and use it from desktop/commondrive/onedrive again.

How do i solve it so that I can use a html file on sharepoint as the datasource for Powerbi?

( ihave tried both getting data directly from fil via "web" and by linking and filtering down through the sharepoint folder option.)

Best regards

Jesper

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

thank you

90% of the Way I had it covered the note about the chances content/source reference in the extract rables was what solved it!

sry for not seeing the other post must have nisses it in my search the week before.

best regards 

jesper