Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

exporting report to excel failed

eHello 

I have an issue: I have a Paginated Report.. Rendering Data into PowerBi service worked fine. But The export to Excel failed. The report was about 300k Rows. 

I am using the GEn2 Capacity. I tried several times to export the report to excel but it failed (after a while) with error message: Export Failed please try again later. Could you please check?

Thank you and regards

Blaise

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, here are the limitations of the “Export to Excel” function in the Power BI:

• The maximum number of rows that Power BI Desktop and Power BI service can export from an import mode report to a .csv file is 30,000.
  • The maximum number of rows that the applications can export from an import mode report to an .xlsx file is 150,000.

And you said that the row number of your report is about 300k Rows, which is far more than the limitation. I think this can be the reason why you failed to export the report to excel.

For more information, you can also refer to this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-robertq-msft - the limitation is for visuals & not for paginated reports - I was informed. The link you attached also was for only visual level limitation. Could you please expand on this. I am also facing similar issue.

Thanks,

Max