Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

email subscription report is blank

Hi there

The e-mail subscription appears blank in e-mails (as does the attached snapshot image). When prompted in Outlook to display the message content, there is no change and you are redirected to view the dashboard online.

It is quite a helpful feature, especially with teams on the go. Please fix this.

Comments
mansfjc
Frequent Visitor

We are also having this issue with a client and they are very upset about. Appears to only be dashboard subscriptions that are the issue; report page subscriptions render fine. It appears that the emails are launched before the dashboards have completed updating. 

jonscruggs
Regular Visitor

We're experiencing this issue too. Great timing, as we were about to launch PowerBI executive dashboards to our leadership team last month. 

Support says this: 

"This is a known issue and the Dev team is in the process of migrating all the clusters to Chromium in the month of August. All the cxs are now on Phantomjs and there is a feature which will replace this in future (probably in August) which is Chromium."

August is way too slow to respond!

jaddobumba
Regular Visitor

August is way too far for a production bug, @jonscruggs how were you able to contact support? I haven't had a response since my first comment. 

RyanAck
Advocate I

You can contact support here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

You will also notice the awareness section. The email subscription issue is on Microsoft's radar. Next update

7/6.2018-07-03 08_13_46-Support _ Microsoft Power BI.png

jaddobumba
Regular Visitor

thanks @RyanAck that's very helpful 

joshpt
Frequent Visitor

Hi all

I've setted up a powerbi dashboard this week for the first time and i'm having a similiar issue, but in my situation i've pinned a report that has several tables and i only receive some of those tables by email. 

Is anyone experiencing this issue atm?

Thanks 

jdt008
Advocate II

Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue, and it's very inconsistent.  One day, table A will be blank, while all other tables are populated.  The next day, tables B, C, D are blank while table A is populated.  It's very frustrating to our end-users and executive staff.  This is a mission critical feature for our organization and it's's just creating more questions than answers, i.e. chaos.  Can we get an update from one of the engineers, please?  

joshpt
Frequent Visitor

Hi

indeed this is a big mess from Microsoft. It's completly away from the basic principle of this kind of tools.

I've been in contact with MS support and the answer is that there's an issue and they are working on it but the ETA for this it's around 3 months... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I've just started to use this feature, and it seems to still have this "blank screenshot" error. Has anyone figured out what might cause it, or found any logic behind when is it working and when it isn't?

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having this issue for a long time with reports in the app. It seems to have been fixed, though I am not using dashboards so that could still be an issues.