Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

desktop slow opening / weird full screen during opening

Hi - we seem to have an issue when opening the desktop app when it can take up to a couple of minutes to load a pbix.

During this time the desktop app window switches to full screen mode, covering my start bar and then switches back to being maximised in a window.  All seems fine once its done loading, its just a bit of apain to have to wait for.

The whole app is unresponsive during this time.

Hi @jonespossibly 

May I know whether you have enabled Power BI infrastructure update option in your Options? If you have enable it, please try to disable it and observe your application again. You can check this setting by File>Options and Settings>Options>Preview feature.

vcazhengmsft_0-1643945044701.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @jonespossibly 

May I know whether you have enabled Power BI infrastructure update option in your Options? If you have enable it, please try to disable it and observe your application again. You can check this setting by File>Options and Settings>Options>Preview feature.

vcazhengmsft_0-1643945044701.png

Best Regards,

jonespossibly
Advocate I

Hi - just tried that and still the same on load.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @jonespossibly 

Will you get same issue when directly opening Desktop by clicking on its shortcut or another pbix file with smaller size? Is the size of the report you get this loading issue very large? What's the data source and the connection mode of it? 

Best Regards,

jonespossibly
Advocate I

Still doing the same when just opening the app fromt he desktop shortcut.  Seems to open a bit faster - aound 30 seconds - but its still doing the whole jumping to full screenand then back to maximised

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @jonespossibly 

Thanks for your reply! I got it. May I know if you try this operation will your Power BI Desktop jump to full screen and then back to maximized?

Narrow the desktop window by clicking on Maximize and regulate its size to a smaller status by manually drag the boundary of this window

vcazhengmsft_0-1644819273478.png

Close this application and reopen it to see whether it will do the same appearance

Best Regards,

SWilson_GS
Helper I

I'm experiencing the same and cannot interact with the pbix file (or that monitor for that matter) until the file is done "opening." Though there isn't a data refresh, the file looks to be refreshing all the visuals.