Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dataset not refreshing

Hello,

Since this morning the dataset in PowerBI online isn't refreshing.

when trying manual refresh it is not refreshing and we are getting this issue. We are using Postgres DB Version 11.

Thanks for your help

Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Mission_Incoming.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Request ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Time: xxxxxxxxx

Comments
UweG
Frequent Visitor

FIXED FOR US: ROOT CAUSE HERE WAS A PREMIUM WORKSPACE UPGRADE

We are not using  PostgreSQL. For us it appeared on multiple Gateways / dataflows while we first found it for our Gateways on a Domino Server with NotesSQL setup which worked well until yesterday when we upgraded the related Premium Workspace which is what we have turned back now and the flows are working again!

shekarkola_pom
Frequent Visitor

In my case the server PBIRS recently updated to OCT 2020, once updated, the Power-BI Report refresh schedules getting following error message (even when i run it manually). I down-graded power-bi desktop to MAY 2020, and saved same report at PBIRS (without any change, but using older verion of PowerBI Desktop), the refresh schedule works fine. Should we wait untill next release of Power-BI desktop (Report Server), or any work-around solution provided to use same OCT 2020 version?

SessionID: dc183c37-3cf8-450f-bd7f-21bf110f0d57
[0] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, Datasource {"protocol":"tds","address":{"server":"hostname","database":"DBA"},"authentication":null,"query":null} is not found..

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  all,

Power BI customers using PostgreSQL as a data source may see refreshes not succeed with the message "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'".
Workaround: Customers can follow these steps to configure the report through the gateway.
1) Install gateway (if not already installed)
2) Install postgresql driver
3) Create data source for postgresql in gateway
4) Map data source to Dataset in dataset settings page
Engineers have identified the root cause and a fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 11/22/2020

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Lin

apatnola
Helper I

I am having refresh issues online since yesterday morning. The datasets refresh with no issue on the desktop version. The message we get says it's a "transient" issue with the following details:

apatnola_0-1605881013916.png

sadiahsapiee
Helper I

My dataset also cannot be refreshed since 19th Nov. My dataset use dataflow that connect to SQL. Dataflow refresh is working fine.  

Last refresh failed: Sun Nov 22 2020 13:46:19 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Time)
The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:9efca6c3-29a4-4e12-bd23-66a1020c13fb
Request ID:b8813436-e740-40dd-ade9-c833e889a8e2
Time:2020-11-22 05:46:19Z
ijguelbenzu
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem; I have reinstall gateway, but it don't work.

Código de error subyacente: -2147467259
Mensaje de error subyacente: La importación List.ConformToPageReader no coincide con ninguna exportación. ¿Faltaba una referencia del módulo?
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: Expression.Error
URI de clúster: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Identificador de actividad: 2fef02ed-1f6a-430e-9237-7eca14c9f896
Identificador de la solicitud: b8af7d7e-3a49-e1cf-5984-21a138e7bfc9
Hora: 2020-11-23 08:47:16Z

Saludos

LinqLover
Frequent Visitor

Great, thanks Microsoft for fixing this!

kppinky
Regular Visitor

I am having this exact issue this morning with our dataset on app.powerbi.com.  There is an error icon in the refresh column, when I click on the icon it shows the error below.  I am able to refresh fine from Power BI Desktop.  Is this is a regression?  Would you please advise ASAP?  This is a production report that our customers rely on on a daily basis.  Thanks.

kppinky_0-1629914519954.png

Processing errorAn error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'
Cluster URIWABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-G-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID96f8d2ae-773a-40b2-beea-052192576418
Request ID83864afb-a3a8-714b-e117-1cd87aaddd1e
Time2021-08-25 18:00:41Z