Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dataset not refreshing

Hello,

Since this morning the dataset in PowerBI online isn't refreshing.

when trying manual refresh it is not refreshing and we are getting this issue. We are using Postgres DB Version 11.

Thanks for your help

Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Mission_Incoming.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Request ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Time: xxxxxxxxx

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm getting the exact same error message with failing automatic refreshes in two different tenants, both using azure postgresql. Refreshing manually with power bi desktop is working fine though and you can republish the dataset if you are in a rush to get data, otherwise this seems like a power bi issue. 

Best,
Fred

matt1as

Hi,

I have the same problem as person above me described. Worked fine up until this weekend.

All the best,
Mattias

michellekelley
Employee

Same there.  Power BI data does not refresh as of the end of October.  

AWILLIM

I have the exact same issue since today 2 a.m. all reports are affected.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Cedricdij 

There is a similar issue had been submitted to PG, ICM: 213146160

will update here once I get any information.

and this is the another post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-System-Runtime-CompilerServ...

You could also create a support ticket for assistance.

Regards,

Lin

cjames28

Cannot load model

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID530b76aa-e016-486e-b574-e5f0abf6cf0a
Request IDd93bf8ea-121d-929b-5a4a-3551cfee0b45
Correlation ID957c5eb0-17d2-17d9-b493-ce4dfa0d7497
TimeWed Nov 11 2020 08:38:51 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
Service version13.0.14696.63
Client version2011.1.03669-train
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-uk-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

UweG
Frequent Visitor

Similar here for multiple dataflows

DataflowInternalError: DataflowInternalError
Details:
Error=DataflowInternalError
RequestId=932894de-....
RequestUrl=https://wabi-north-europe-e-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/metadata/v201606/cdsa/dataflows/1d...

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi all,

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Awareness

Power BI customers using PostgreSQL as a data source may see refreshes not succeed with the message "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'".
Workaround: Customers can follow these steps to configure the report through the gateway.
1) Install gateway (if not already installed)
2) Install postgresql driver
3) Create data source for postgresql in gateway
4) Map data source to Dataset in dataset settings page
Engineers have identified the root cause and an ETA for the fix will be provided soon.

Regards,
Lin
neonguyen
Frequent Visitor

@v-lili6-msft thank you for your information, I follow your post but still get error. It's work for personal gateway? 

LinqLover
Frequent Visitor

@v-lili6-msft We are getting the refresh errors from app.powerbi.com, how are we supposed to a gateway + db driver for Power BI Service?