Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

data gateway user mapping cannot be added after update

Hi all, 

After the data gateway management UI changes, I cannot add new users anymore in Mapping User field list, as the button SAVE is disable, stays always greyed out. And when I click cancel, then new user is not saved. Do you have any idea about this or how can I fix this? do we have any new limits for user list?

ThuJa23_1-1652344129908.png

Thanks for your all advises!

Thu

Hi @ThuJa23 ,

We have submitted to internal ICM 308260410 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue, please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

As a workaround,you can try add ?newManageGatewaysUI=false In the address bar at the top of the manage gateway page.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
ocasares
Frequent Visitor

We also started to experience same behaviour since yesterday.

It looks like this problem occurs when a number of users are already mapped. We have identified in the same gateway, for a different connection to another existing Analysis Services datasource we can add or modify users mapped. In this case the existing users mapped are low.

But when it is high the Save button is not enabled whenever a mapped user is changed or a new one is created.

So this is preventing from new users to access the dataset.

Please fix this.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ThuJa23 ,

Did you try clicking on this test rule button? Is it still not saveable after that?

vcaitlynmstf_0-1652423606629.png

Have you tried using this method and it doesn't work either?

Active Directory lookup mapping 

Best Regards,

ocasares
Frequent Visitor

No, Same result:

1. I've added a new mapping rule:
    ocasares_0-1652426563543.png

2. After having added, test rule works fine:
    ocasares_1-1652426636435.png

But as you can see, Save button reamins disabled

3. Only option I have is cancel or close, when asks to discard changes:
    ocasares_2-1652426747634.png

ocasares
Frequent Visitor

And yes... we have pending to test if we can solve this by using this property in the on-premises gateway config file:

ocasares_0-1652427110294.png

but since we have more than 900 mapped users, we'd like to avoid having to do that way.... Specially having in mind that we have the Gateway in a cluster: therefore we would have to maintain the file in all the nodes and, finally, these servers are productive ones. Only IT admins can have access to them, so it is adding more task to the teams whenever a new user is joining the organization or it is required to access the dataset.

thomasbibin
Regular Visitor

MS has given the below url to navigate to the previous gateway portal and it works.

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/gateways?newManageGatewaysUI=false

ocasares
Frequent Visitor

Thanx @thomasbibin 

This helps!

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @ThuJa23 ,

We have submitted to internal ICM 308260410 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue, please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

As a workaround,you can try add ?newManageGatewaysUI=false In the address bar at the top of the manage gateway page.

Best Regards,

ThuJa23
Advocate II

hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

yes I tried the newManageGatewaysUI=false and it works actually. I wait for the solution of this problem soon.

Thanks

Thu