Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cross filtering visuals not working correctly when slicing data from tabular model

We have production implementation of Power BI, which contains various charts that have an interaction of slice set. Since the latest Power BI release, when clicking on a part of the bar graph in one chart all the bars/parts of the entire sibling chart becomes filled with the same value.

Example:

Not Cross Filtered.JPG

Notice that the 17K red portion of the chart on the left for 2017 = 43% of the total. Clicking on the part of the bar yields:

Cross Filtered.JPG

I would have thought that the red 43% portion of the 2017 bar would be highlighted with no changes to the other bars/parts.

Going back and using the January, 2017 release I get this:

Capture.PNG

OBviously this interaction is not very valuable and I could just turn off interaction for these charts but there are other charts on the same report that are also not slicing correctly.

We are using Compatibility level 1200 for the tabular model, so SSAS 2016. This is just a numeric attribute and the aggregation we are using is Median.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@DanielSmithFM

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Can you get the same PBIX file working in previous Power BI Desktop version?

What is the version of your tabular? What is the formula if you create any measure for the visual?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

DanielSmithFM
Regular Visitor

Going back and using the January, 2017 release I get this:

Capture.PNG

OBviously this interaction is not very valuable and I could just turn off interaction for these charts but there are other charts on the same report that are also not slicing correctly.

We are using Compatibility level 1200 for the tabular model, so SSAS 2016. This is just a numeric attribute and the aggregation we are using is Median.