Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

credentials loop

When I make a live connection with Power BI Desktop to an AAS model, if the instance is not available, or if I mistype the MFA code, I get stuck in a loop with the "Cannot load model" dialog.  When I close the dialog, it comes back up as a modal dialog, and the underlying PBI workbook cannot receive focus.

The only way out is to end-task Power BI, which also kills EVERY OTHER WORKBOOK I HAVE OPEN.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I have made a test but couldn't reproduce your issue, there will be an warning icon "We could not connect to analysis service server beacause timeout or the instance name is incorrect". In addtion, could you share more details about the MFA code? Are you using the connector below?

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, we are using the Analysis Services connector, using a Live connection.  I'm not sure what details you need about the MFA code.  Our org has MFA enabled, so after it prompts for the password, I get a separate dialog asking for the MFA code.  A typo at this point triggers the loop, as does an unvailable instance.

Thanks,

Mike