Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

connection failures Sybase ASE database

We need support I am trying to connect to a Sybase ASE database  database over ODBC running on our local network. database connection failures  I can connect by ODBC but the connection does not show the database tables

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As far as I know, you can try to use the direct connector which is bulit in Power BI Desktop to try to connect.

1.png

Before using it, you need download and install the client from SAP SQL Anywhere driver on your computer,  make sure that the driver you install matches the bit version of your Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

thanks you very much,

I have 64 bit power bi. i installed the sap sybase anywhere 64 bit driver but it doesn't work. There is also the detail that the edition of the sap sybase database that we use is the ASE Adaptive Server Enterprise. Is it a compatibility problem?

Power bi has connector for sap sybase ASE Adaptive Server Enterprise or do we have another alternative ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We still need support to connect from power bi to sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise Edition version 16