Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

+/- button in matrix not available when connected to Azure Analysis Services in 1470 compatibility

When connected to Azure Analysis Services database in 1470 compatibility mode, the +/- buttons in the Power BI matrix visual are not available. 

I first saw this behaviour when I rebuild a Tabular model that originally was 1400, in 1470 mode, using Tabular Editor. All tests seem to work fine, even calculation groups work well. 

The only thing that was lost is the option to toggle on the +/- button in the Row Header settings of the matrix. 

I hope this is enough information.

Best regards,

Bas

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please try the latest version 2.70.5494.761 then test again. 

Please connect to other Azure Analysis Services model, eg: Sample, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on that exact same version (Version: 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019))

I just connected to a different Azure Analysis Services model, and have the same issue. In 1470 compatibility mode I don't see the option to enable +/- buttons. But when I connect to another model (on the same Azure capacity!) in 1400 compatibility the buttons are there.

Please try to reproduce this error on your side.

Best regards,

Bas

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I don't have this kind of environment to test it currently. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu