Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bug - x axis line scatter chart cand handle dates

hi

i am trying  to put on the x axis , there is no way to sort the date on the Axis 

ofir_n1_0-1620557955769.png

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @ofir_n1 

According to my test, I can correctly sort the X-axis using the Sort by->Date column in the scatter chart like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1620611153670.png

v-robertq-msft_1-1620611153679.png

If you can’t sort by the data column, I think you should first go to check if your date column is the “Date” type rather than the “Text” type, because the “Text” type of date can’t be sorted correctly.

v-robertq-msft_2-1620611153684.png

More info about the scatter chart

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

ofir_n1
Frequent Visitor

Hi,  @v-robertq-msft 

i tried it and also sort by other coumn( like dateint) but nothing  is working there is a seriuos bug with that.

thanks

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @ofir_n1 

Have you clicked on the “Sort by column” option for your date column to sort the date column by the value of other columns?

v-robertq-msft_0-1620805288489.png

Because it will also lead to the incorrect order of the date column.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-sort-by-column#sort-using-the-sort-...

If not, I suggest you to share the pbix file with the problem with us so that we can help you to determine if it’s a real bug in Power BI.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin