Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bug? with crazy behavior in the basic table visual- values disappearing

I have a Direct Query table pulled from SAP Hana via SQL (due to a join). It is not connected to any other table in my document. There are no calculated calolmns. Every row in Fields 1, 2, and 3 have a value by definition. I can confirm this when I look at the data preview. Also, when just the first 2 fields are present, the table shows that there are values in both fields.

I am using the standard, built-in Table Visual. I have not changed any of the settings- it is set to 100% default.

When I add the 3rd field, all except one row from Fields 1 +2 disappear. When I use the filter to randomly add some back in, there is always only 1 row that shows as non-blank in Field 1 and 2, even though there is a placeholder for them. Sometimes, it updates to the newest value added, sometimes not. It's pretty inconsistent.

This behavior doesn't make any sense and I can't figure out what is going on here. Any thoughts?

IPSafeError.gif

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sp8

Please check if Show items with no data is turned on. If it is, please take a look at this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-show-items-no-data

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

sp8
Helper II
Helper II

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Show items with no data is off.

Regardless, there are no lines without data (by definition). Also, you can see in the video that there is data there, and it just disappears when I add a new line.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sp8

Please back up the pbix file, then change the connection mode from Direct Query to Import, check if the same issue occurs. By the way, please run the latest Power BI desktop version 2.76.5678.782

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

sp8
Helper II
Helper II

@v-qiuyu-msft - thanks for the troubleshooting tip. The bug goes away when I move it to import mode for testing.

However, that's not an ok long-term solution as 1) there's way too much data for that and 2) our corporate standards say we should always use direct query in anything we publish.

Any thoughts on why this is happening in DQ and what I can do to fix it in DQ?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sp8

It's hard to troubleshoot the issue on forum side further. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu