Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[bug] managing access to reports which are based on shared datasets

Hello,

I think there is a bug in below case:

1. I have one shared dataset in separate workspace (which contains only this dataset)
  2. Reports which are located in others dedicated workspaces are connecting to this shared dataset in live connection mode (in order to minimize count of the same datasets)
  3. Now I want to change access to these reports which were shared with end users by report sharing method
  4. So, I go to Manage Access at dataset level, where I can find in dedicated section with all reports connected to this dataset. Now, when I click any report the only thing that I will see is endless spinning icon..
  5. Of course there is no problem with managing access to report when dataset is in the same workspace as the report.

Please investigate this, because it is very troublesome when we want to have one global dataset and many related diffrent reports which are shared between users as reports.

Regards

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jakub_bilski 

The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.

CRI 215337416

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jakub_bilski 

We’ve identified the issue. As the fix involves lots of evaluation, coding and testing, there is no ETA at this time.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jakub_bilski 

This bug will have a potential fix in the next 3 months.