Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bookmarks context menu keeps disappearing

hi,

since the latest april 2020 update, i'm having an issue with the context menu in the bookmarks panel whereby the context menu listing keeps disappearing. thus, i'm unable to select any item such as 'update'. it wasn't like this before.

i'd appreciate a quick resolution to this.

tks, -nik

p.s.

for the moment, i found a workaround to it by pressing control-key & (left) clicking the menu & the chosen menu item in the bookmarks panels.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

As 

kevhav
Continued Contributor

@v-qiuyu-msft , this is definitely a separate issue. 

The problem is (or was) that the "bookmark context menu," pictured below, would not "stay open" for a bookmark. 

I was going to send a file or share a video of the problem; but now I cannot reproduce it anymore! Which maybe is good news. I currently am using...

Version: 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020)

If I encounter this issue again, I will share the .pbix file, and/or record a video of the problematic behavior.

Capture.png

vagabond
Frequent Visitor

I recorded a short video and, when I went to re-record it to correct the menu being cut off on the right, the problem went away. Mine started with April 2020 as well and is intermittent, occurring across different files. 

2020-05-18_17-59-36.gif

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@kevhav @vagabond  I tested with May 2020 Power BI desktop version 2.81.5831.761, the bookmark context is able to keep displaying. Please update your Power BI desktop to this new version then test again. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

many tks, @v-qiuyu-msft .

it seems ok with me too with the may20 update (tho i may stil use control-click as a 'back-up' 🙁)...

krgds, -nik

cc

@vagabond , @kevhav , @chross , @alexrobe_aht