Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bookmarks context menu keeps disappearing

hi,

since the latest april 2020 update, i'm having an issue with the context menu in the bookmarks panel whereby the context menu listing keeps disappearing. thus, i'm unable to select any item such as 'update'. it wasn't like this before.

i'd appreciate a quick resolution to this.

tks, -nik

p.s.

for the moment, i found a workaround to it by pressing control-key & (left) clicking the menu & the chosen menu item in the bookmarks panels.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020), it's easy to open bookmark context by right clicking on the bookmark, or clicking on the "..." next to the bookmark. Would you please test again on your side? 

q1.PNG

Reference: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks#using-bookmarks

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @v-qiuyu-msftfor replying.

i tested it again today & still got the same problem in right clicking on the bookmark, or clicking on the "..." next to the bookmark. i have detached my mouse & tried doing either using my trackpad & the problem also still persisted.

anyway, as mentioned earlier, i have found a workaround by control-clicking it to select any menu item in the bookmarks pane.

krgds, -nik

chross
Advocate III

@Anonymous Same thing is happening to me since I downloaded the April release.  The workaround you are suggesting isn't working for me.  Some of my reports have over 25 bookmarks and I can't update them.  I'm losing a lot of time trying to mess with it.  Did you log an issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @chross ,
yes i have logged it as an issue via this channel (as suggested by @TomMartens_. response fm @v-qiuyu-msft (of ms, i guess) is also here.

hopefully, we can get that issue resolved as i also have multiple books fr on some individual pages.

krgds, -nik

chross
Advocate III

@Anonymous I ended up rolling back PBI to an older version so that I could continue with my reports.  I lost so many hours trying to make updates being the the control Key plus left mouse click did not work for me.  The menu would appear a little longer, but still could update 😞 I hope they resolve this quickly!!

kevhav
Continued Contributor

My users and I, at my organization, are having this same issue. 

When I have one bookmark selected in the bookmarks pane, its context menu works fine. 

But for all the other bookmarks, when I try to open its context menu (by right-clicking or by clicking the three dots), the context menu appears very briefly then disappears.

(And of course I need the context menu for bookmarks that are not selected, because to select a bookmark, you have to click it which also "goes to that bookmark." But I need to be able update/modify the properties of bookmarks without (going to them!")

alexrobe_aht
Frequent Visitor

Same here - not able to update bookmarks in PowerBI Desktop April German Edition Version: 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020) with neither ways described above.

Unfortunately really crucial!

Thanks for fixing asap!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

As I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side, would you mind sharing a pbix file with us?

If it's possible, please remove sensitive data in the report, upload pbix file to your OneDrive for Business then paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

chross
Advocate III

@v-qiuyu-msft I had to rollback to a previous desktop version because I lost a lot time trying to update bookmarks. Maybe one of the other users on here can give you a sample.  However, please refer to the post below where one of your colleagues was able to reproduce the issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Bookmark-with-Selected-Visuals-no-longer-quot-remembers-quot...

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

i wish i can help you in sharing my pbix file that's having prob but i'm so sorry that i can't since i'm now really loaded with so much work & tight dealine to do so now. hopefully the others who have similar issue can assist you in that regard.

krgds, -nik