Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

api for getting single report returns 400

Hi,

I have some issues using Your API. While I'm able to get hole reports list by using ->

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/<mygroupId>/reports

when im trying to get single reports API returns 400 - Bad Request. Im using the same token generated for user with proper permissions according to Your documentation.

Please let me know when I can use single report API endpoint, downloading hole groups reports is not optimal solution.

BR,

Dawid Cech

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dcech,

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Would you please test again to see if the same issue occurs? 

Please ensure you are using GET method and pass token with Bearer is ahead of the access token. 

w2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dcech

Hi, 

I'm still encountering the same issue ->

200 with results from /reports endpoint200 with results from /reports endpoint

but 400 from /reports/<reportId> enpoint (using the same bearer token as for previous request) ->

400 from reports/<reportId> endpoint400 from reports/<reportId> endpoint

Please let me know if im doing sth in wrong way.

BR,

Dawid Cech

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dcech,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 101580304. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dcech,

I got information below: 

I see that you use postman application. today we have a bug in GetReport that not allowed the "accept" header. (if accept header is present you will get 400 Bad Request)

If you can remove the accept header please do (as i understood postman add it since it is part of every request in chrome)

https://github.com/postmanlabs/postman-app-support/issues/1673

i recommend on fiddler, you can download it and run it and it will not add any additional headers

I tested in Fiddler, you can test the GetReport API like below: 

w1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu