Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

an error occurred while attempting to publish, publishing failed for an unknown reason

Hey there,

I'm trying to publish the dataset in Power BI Desktop and keep getting this error. how can I debug this to understand the source of the problem? dataset refresh is working on Power BI Desktop

Capture123.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Idan_liniad,

1. In Power BI service, click Get Data -> Files -> Local file to see if you can publish file successfully. 

2. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.52.4921.682 then try again. 

3. If issue persists, please run Fiddler with below option enabled. Then repeat the steps to reproduce the issue. Save all sessions and share .sav file with us, you can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox and share the link here. 

Fiddler.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Idan_liniad
Frequent Visitor

Hey Qiuyun Yu,

Thank you for your quick response.

1. please see my current Power BI desktop version. it was updated already as you can see in the next screenshot:

2. I have tried to publish the dataset through the Power BI Desktop program, and I got the error again.

as you can see in the next screenshot:

Power BI desktop publishPower BI desktop publish

this is the link to the Fiddler file when trying to upload the dataset through Power BI Desktop:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7itdixts8647vxz/power_bi_desktop_publish_dataset.saz?dl=0

3. I have also tried through Power BI website, and I got an error. as you can see in the next screenshot:

Power BI website (service)Power BI website (service)

this is the link to the Fiddler file when trying to upload the dataset through Power BI service:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7itdixts8647vxz/power_bi_desktop_publish_dataset.saz?dl=0

Hope I provided all the data you need, please let me know if you need something else

have a great day

Idan 

Idan_liniad
Frequent Visitor

POWER BI DESKTOP Version

power_bi_version.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Idan_liniad,

The same issue already reported before: CRI 52287888. I have provided fiddler trace with PG team, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted