Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

access database engine 2010 error - already have 64-bit installed

I have 64-bit office products installed and have 64-bit access database engine 2010 installed. I still get this error when I try to manually refresh or scheudle refresh the dataset on app.powerbi.com:

MessageMicrosoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.

I have read through countless forums and have not found a solution. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Does the dataset refresh require any gateway? If it is, please ensure the machine which has gateway installed has 64 bit Access Database Engine

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft I'm not sure what you mean by does it require any gateway. I already downloaded the access database engine on my computer. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please go to the Dataset Settings for that dataset, share the screenshot about Gateway Connection and Data Sources Credentials section. Do mask sensitive information before uploading the screenshot. 

q1.PNGq2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft thanks for the response. see attached screenshot. it looks as if the gateway is turned off and will not let me turn it on. gateway.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

It mentioned that the dataset doesn't require any gateway. For your issue, it's hard to provide further help on forum side, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered