Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zendesk Refresh Failing -

When refreshing Zendesk content pack we frequently receive this error on refresh:

Last refresh failed: Wed Mar 13 2019 11:17:27 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) 
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Message:Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed. Table: ZenCustomFieldColumns.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:9c7d7c01-2f0f-4a22-a89a-71e868fb9a2d
Request ID:c54089da-1f21-4b1f-a216-a6e13d2a9ddc
Time:2019-03-13 17:17:27Z

Eventually something succeeds but then in begins to fail again.
What can be done to resolve this?

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous ,

Please firstly connect to Zendesk.pbit in Power BI Desktop and check if you can refresh data in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lydia,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've checked against the zendesk.pbit and noticed it was throwing a duplicate id value error on the organizations table. I've cleaned up, our internal data table and it refreshes everything no problem.

I will see if this resolves my concern during our next batch of refreshes.

Thanks for the tips.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears even though we can refresh with the default Zendesk pbit when we use our own dataset that previously worked without concern we continue to receive the following:

Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed. Table: ZenCustomFieldColumns

ZenCustomFieldColumns being our own custom table which references the field ids with their true titles to allow us to see our custom values as the default dataset does not allow us to see these.

This worked fine in previous versions but appears to be hit and miss since a few updates ago.

Any ideas on how this could potentially be resolved?

ltopchyi
Helper III