Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YouTube Analytics by MAQ Software - API connection issue

Hi

I have just installed the new YouTube Analytics app by MAQ Software and I have an issue connecting to data via API. I have created the API key & creds in the Google API console. I can see the API is properly configured / green light. I am an owner of the channel I wish to get data from - a company channel (I have all the owner rights in YT CMS). In the console, i can see the call coming but 100% is in error. 

Here is the error:

Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. (Source at https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels.)"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Channel Details.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: b77ffed5-5fec-4859-820d-73a37d912037
Request ID: eca887d0-ac31-294d-8525-ec430c374c05
Time: 2020-08-05 13:47:12Z

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Sonia

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@smarguin ,

Have you check if the key has expired? Also, if this issue persists, I would suggest you contact with MAQ with link below:

https://maqsoftware.com/expertise/powerbi

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

smarguin
Advocate I

Hi

Thanks for your quick answer. The key is ok. I have sent an email to MAQ.

thanks

Sonia

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier

Hello @smarguin ,

Please check that if you have made privacy level setting for the data source as "Public".

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

Thanks

GaigeDaois

Hi there,

I seem to have the same issue.

My best guess would be, that the generated URL to connect to the API is using your default Channel ID instead of ours.

This is just my guess from actually opening the URL given in the sign in screens of your app.