Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Y-Axis (Line) Still Takes Up Space When Not Displayed

I am using the Line and Clustered Column Chart Visual.  The Column Values are $ and Line Values are %.  I have elected to show the values using Data Labels, and turn the display for the Y-Axis off.  I am doing this so my X-Axis has more room to display it's text.  When i turn off the Y-Axis display...

- The X-Axis shifts to the LEFT, taking up the space where the Y-Axis (Column) was previosly showing - good.

- However, the X-Axis does not move to the RIGHT at all, the Y-Axis (Line) does not show, but it is still taking up the space.

This seems to be an issue with the Y-Axis (Line) only.  If I move the Y-Axis (Line) to the LEFT side, and the Y-Axis (Column) to the RIGHT side, I get the opposite results - the X-Axis shifts to the RIGHT, but does not expand to the LEFT at all.

Y Axis On.PNGY Axis Off.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rhardy

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 51984133
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

rhardy
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rhardy

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

The fix should be available soon (mid December).

Best Regards,
Herbert