Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Xero: Unable to select which xero org

Hi all,

- I need a workspace (and app) per client.

- I need xero connected to each of these workspaces, with the relevant org selected for each.

- However, it just defaults to one of the orgs I have connected through the xero service/app.

- Cache clearing not working.

Previous forum posts do not resolve. The closest I could find was this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/xero/m-p/67018#M5272

Step 7 of this article just never appears:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-connect-to-xero

Any help appreciated.

Also as some asides:

- Why can I not install xero to a current workspace that doesn't have xero installed? Only options are to overwrite xero in workspace with existing xero connection, or to install to a new workspace

- I just can't comprehend why Power BI doesn't allow mixing of live datasets - Any plans to allow this? E.g. being unable to use the xero dataset w/ an ERP dataset is a major hindrance in reconciliations/matching.

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @chrisatrosy

1. Please run browser in Inprivate mode then connect to the Xero app follow this document again to see if you are able to enter the nickname for the organization. 

2. When we connect to the app, there are two options: 

q3.PNG

Regarding the details about overwrite behavior, you can see it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-template-apps-install-distribute#overwrite-behavio...

3. Not sure I understand your concern (I just can't comprehend why Power BI doesn't allow mixing of live datasets - Any plans to allow this? E.g. being unable to use the xero dataset w/ an ERP dataset is a major hindrance in reconciliations/matching.) clearly. 

Did you want to get data both from Xero and ERP side? If it is, you can use Power BI desktop to customize your report with data from Xero and ERP.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

chrisatrosy
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help on this Qiuyun Yu.

Private mode does not help here.

I still don't get step 7 as an option.

I don't get the choice of which org to select.

I have multiple xero orgs I can connect to.

See attachment - It just goes straight to this auth screen and doesn't ever allow a choice of org.

Therefore a workspace called 'OrganisationA' which has xero data from 'OrganisationB'.

Have tried private mode, clearing cache etc.

Have tried removing power bi connection from each xero org's connected apps.

Have tried creating one workspace/app/xero connection at a time (disconnect all xero connected apps, log in via incognito, MS auth via SMS, add app, Xero auth via MFA, rename all datasets and apps, close incognito and clear cache, start new session for the next org).

Any further advice would be great.

powerbiissue.PNG

"Did you want to get data both from Xero and ERP side? If it is, you can use Power BI desktop to customize your report with data from Xero and ERP.  "

Could you advise how this would be done? If I were to try to connect via Power BI desktop it just throws error 'you are already connected to a live dataset...'. or completely grays out the option to add another source.

Many thanks

chrisatrosy
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I don't suppose you have any suggestions?

This is still an issue.

I've tried every combination of cache clearing / deleting integration to re-add / overwriting xero apps ./ using incognito mode etc.

Also wondering how I would use multiple live datasets in the same visualization / report as indicted by previous reply.

Many thanks again for your time (or input from anyone else greatly appreciated).

ReubenS
Advocate I

Hi Chrisatrosy,

I am having similar issues. By any chance did you resolve the issue?

Kind regards,

Reuben