Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

X Axis - Maximum Size doesn't work on line chart using new themes

Hi,

I've encountered a bug which seems to be linked to the new theme templates.

I have a simple line chart, producing a count for two measures. On the X-Axis I have a calculated column, which is COLUMN = format ('TABLE'[Date], "YYYY/MM")

When using this field on my X-Axis, it is truncated to YYYY/...

Changing any of the format options does not rectify this, along with resizing the visual, or going into focus mode.

However, changing back to the old Classic theme rectifies the issue.

Very frustrating - as it makes the axis unreadable and I am unable to amend it in any way without swapping the theme back to one of the old styles.

Thanks.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Could you please share the json file of custom theme for further test?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft  - no custom .json used, I meant the new themes added in the September update.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I have made a test on your issue but couldn't reproduce this error. The version of power bi desktop on my side is 2.74.5619.621 64-bit (October 2019). However, the format of date will not be changed when the default theme has been changed the new released theme.  

I guess this issue should be related to the text size of X-axis, you may input smaller text size and check if this issue persists.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao