Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wrong result in multi-row card ONLY in WEB version

It has started recenly, when seeing the report in the web browser, the data in the multi-row card is not filtered properly.
Using the PowerBI desktop app, the slicing works, as it was working before. The problem is only peresent when I use the web version.
I've tried to re-publish the report, do some changes in the sheet, but it is still not working.
Page level filter works, but slicers do not work on the page.
There is no any JavaScript error in the browser's console. Same in IE and Chrome.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@akovacs

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Please refer to following gif and let me know if there is any difference between our visuals.

Wrong result in multi-row card ONLY in WEB version.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

akovacs
Frequent Visitor
The multi-row cards have 5 fields and also 5 visual level filters (other fields). Additionally slicers on the page should filter the content of the multi-row cards. The report page has 8 multi-row cards and 3 slicers. It works well on desktop version, but recently stopped working on the web version. Slicer seems to filter the contents sometimes but kind of randomly. If I convert the multi-row card to table, the content is filtered correctly. If I change it back to multi-row card, it is wrong again. But only in the browser. Regards. Attila
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@akovacs

When the slicer is not working, could you please use the refresh button on the report, or trigger a model refresh to see if it can work after that?

Best Regards,
Herbert

akovacs
Frequent Visitor

I have done the steps Herbert requested, but nothing helped. As a temporary fix I changed to tables: I created a new calculated column which concatenates all the fields (with line breaks) used in the multi-row card and display the content in a table (I had to do that because visualization width is narrow, so content in a cell/row must be arranged vertically.). This way report is usable again, but multi-row card functionality is broken. Regards. Attila

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@akovacs

Recently a related fix has been deployed, could you please have a try again on your side?

Best Regards,
Herbert

akovacs
Frequent Visitor
Hi Herbert, I've checked the filtering functionality in the web version, and it seems to be correct. However, filtering in table is broken now. My temporary fix (see previous post) does not work well anymore: Filtering on tables is not working well, however it shows correct data, when I change to other page and back. Best regards. Attila