Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wrong date shown in date slicer

https://playground.powerbi.com/dev-sandbox?showApi=reportSetSlicerState

The Date slicer did not show the right date. It is like a bug. Even considering timezone, the FromDate and ToDate are not consistent. 

kelvinngai_0-1627357580927.png

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @kelvinngai ,

Have sumbited this issue internal to check it(ICM:252824369), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

kelvinngai
Advocate I

Hi @v-yingjl 

Thank you so much for help. Hope it can be fixed soon as it is confusing to our customers.

Best regards,

Kelvin Ngai

kelvinngai
Advocate I

Hi @v-yingjl 

Any feedback from the team?  or can they reproduce the issue?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks a lot

Kelvin Ngai

kelvinngai
Advocate I

Hi @v-yingjl ,

May I know any feedback from the team? Thanks a lot

Kelvin

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @kelvinngai ,

Currently the information from PG team:

The Slider set date will find the closest point in the data that match the condition applied in the filter , while the filter is applied in UTC and the data date point point is stored in local time.

Best Regards,

kelvinngai
Advocate I

Hi @v-yingjl 

Thank you so much for feedback.

I understand that the filter is applied in UTC. When we pass the parameter, we convert local time to UTC time and it do filter the data accordingly in the backend

However, the slicer shows the wrong end date in front end.

e.g. if we set a future date in 2050 and there is definitely no data for that date range. The end date behave differently to start date, they are not aligned no matter what local time they are converted to 

kelvinngai_0-1628055203913.png

May I know what is PG team? Can we create a Bug to product team?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kelvin Ngai

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @kelvinngai ,

I'm afraid not, just for internal. Still waiting for PG's feedback about this issue to confirm.

If this issue is urgent for you, I would suggest you create a support ticket here for faster further help if you have a Pro license.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,