Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wrong county spelling in Ireland shape map.

This spelling is incorrect:

soliverc_0-1639743591692.png

It should be "Laois". 

Hi @Anonymous 

Have reported in internally(ICM 279612366). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

Based on my investigation, Laoighis is also spelled as Laois or Leix. They all stand for the same county in Ireland. But in Power BI Desktop Shape map, we use Laoighis to represent it and it’s not a bug. I do suggest you replacing Laois in your data source with Laoghis. Or you can just do it in Power Query Editor by the following steps.

1 Power Query Editor>Transform>Replace Values

vcazhengmsft_0-1639967663906.png

2 Replace Laois with Laoighis

vcazhengmsft_1-1639967663908.png

3 Apply and Close Power Query Editor

vcazhengmsft_2-1639967663915.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Based on my investigation, Laoighis is also spelled as Laois or Leix. They all stand for the same county in Ireland.

I'm sorry @v-cazheng-msft but what investigation did you do? I am actually Irish and I know this is incorrect. Laoighis is not in use anymore, it is an old spelling of the county. 

Here is the official government council website of Loais: https://laois.ie/

My colleagues are now commenting on "my" incorrect spelling. We need to change this to Loais before sending it onto a client, otherwise the client will also come back and ask why it's spelled incorrectly. 

Thank  you for the screenshots and explanation but it's not an option to forcefully mispell my data to Laoghis. 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I got it and I will report it to internal team. Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous 

Have reported in internally(ICM 279612366). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Our product team has noticed this change and they will make some changes to shape map in the next few months.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-cazheng-msft 

And just for future reference -  if somebody from country XYZ says that something is mispelled, don't try and teach them how to spell it if you are not from the country. That was rude and condescending.