Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Workspace content names shortened unnecessarily

Every item name in my workspaces is shortened and has an ellipsis even when it's unnecessary.

Widening the pane does not fix the issue.

For example, instead of "Power BI Usage" I see "Power BI Usa...":

Capture.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DMM

It looks like you are using New Look in Power BI service, right? 

Based on my test, when we open a report in Power BI service, we can see the whole report name on the top middle side. See: 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ppodgorski
Frequent Visitor

I've also noticed this in both the old and new look. The report names on the left bar are extremely shortened in an inconsistent way. Only 7 characters for some report names before being cut.

Yes, if you select the report, the full report name is displayed on the top bar. But that is not the problem.

a1.PNG

DMM
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft the issue is with the item names in the left pane. Thanks to @ppodgorski for posting a better screenshot and providing further details.

ppodgorski
Frequent Visitor

Fixed today (along with a new workspace selector window). No help from this forum though.

Fda
Frequent Visitor

@ppodgorski Did you do something or was it just fixed? I still have the problem.

ppodgorski
Frequent Visitor

No, it just fixed itself. Probably an update by Microsoft on the Power Bi Service region.