Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Workspace breadcrumbs in pbi service

I like this feature but there is a bug in it. Whenever I click on a report, the breadcrumb link always defaults to My Workspace/[Report] instead of [Workspace]/[Report].

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean each time you open a report within an App workspace, the navigation path always shows "My WorkSpace>Report Name" rather than "Workspace Name>Report Name"?

1.PNG

I was not able to reproduce this problem on my side. Please clear the cache of browser, sign out and sign in again into Service for a try.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

This applies only when selecting a report from the "Shared with me" tab.

Shared with me.JPGWorkspace Breadcrumbs.JPG

The AD Groups and Users report is in the US-Test workspace. The above image is shown when a report is accessed from the Shared with me section.

If I navigate to the US-Test workspace and open the report, the breadcrumbs are correct and show US-Test > AD Groups and Users and not My Workspace > AD Groups and Users.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Per my understanding, it makes sense that workspace breadcrumbs shows My Workspace>Report Name when you open a shared report under "Shared with me". The workspace breadcrumbs shows the path where you open a report rather that the path where a report is stored. "Shared with me" looks like a sub department of My workspace, the current context is different from directly opening a report within App Workspce.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough. I am testing a few different reports in Workspaces now and I have common reports in two different workspaces - one being My Workspace. Occasionally it is misleading to see My Workspace. It seems like I should avoid using My Workspace to avoid that confusion.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered