Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Workspace Navigation and Sort by Date

I find it incredibly frustrating trying to navigate and organise reports in the current Workspace layout

Why on earth  does this not allow sorting files by date? This is one of the most basic file  management methods and it is simply unacceptable that PowerBI  doesn't allow this in the Workspace menu.

Sorting by  "most recent" just doesn't hack it. 

I spend ages trying to find recently published reports from PowerBI desktop to workspace BECAUSE file management and navigation is utterly non existent in the Workspace Menu

Sorting by name A-Z and Z-A is utterly puerile and stupidly simplistic especially when one is publishing numerour reports with very similar namees that differ mainly by date. A four year old would do a better job at designing this

WHY  IS THERE NOT A SORT BY PUBLICATION DATE? 

WHY!!!!!

HOW HARD CAN THAT BE????????????????????

This NEEDS priorty work and should be scheduled above mucking around with "nice to have BS"  that is often included in the monthly updates. 

If this is to be a real contender to Tableau it needs to get professional and VERY SOON

Comments
techinresearch
Advocate I

as an adendum, this am I had to republish a report as I simply could not find it in Workspace: even though desktop prompted me "did I want to replace the existing dataset" ... (apart formt he poor nvaigation,  searching on workspace is awful too.. semantic it is not, it can't even handle basic case sensitivity, as a BI offering I strongly suggest you start working on your in-house BI )

Well  if I have no chance of finding it then **bleep** straight I do 

I canot be alone in having this issue

Anyone who can chime in and support this ticket so we get this fixed ?????

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @techinresearch,

Thanks for your feedback. 

Please post a idea in Ideas forum. PG team will review ideas here. If the idea has too many votes, the idea will be considered as a high priority feature.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu