cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word wrap for tooltip not working as intended

Word wrap is no longer working as intended in tooltips. 

For longer strings, a line gets wrapped twice, first at the correct location and then at location that's far too early to be of any use. This results in a staggered texts as in the screen shot below.

This is issues is present in both PBI Desktop and the PBI Service. It affects both build-in visualizations and custom visualizations.

wordwrap.png

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just posted about the same issue too

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues/tab/most-recent

v-haibl-msft
Microsoft

@Anonymous

This issue has been reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 49240421
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

henrikj
Advocate I

@v-haibl-msft

This is not an issue of new-line characters, as reported in issue https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Tooltip-line-breaks-Online-but-not-on-Desktop/idc-p/275641#M...

The original text (used in a custom tool tip and entered manually in the Query Editor) is posted below. Please note that the line breaks doesn't correspond to the line breaks in my screen shot. The "|"-character is replaced in the visualization by a few linebreaks, but the screen shot is from a built-in visualization.

Hur ser det ut i de olika områdena under perioden?|
Om du klickar på/väljer ett Område så visas endast det områdets statistik samt händelser på kartan, i grafer och i sammanfattningar.|
Du kan samtidigt välja att ta fram statistik på en eller flera Kategorier eller Händelsetyper genom att klicka i de du är intresserad av.|
Du kan välja flera olika områden samtidigt för jämförelse. Klicka i de som du vill jämföra.|
Du kan växla mellan område och gatuadress i grafen genom att klicka på ned- och upppilarna i grafens övre vänstra hörn.