Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Word wrap for tooltip not working as intended

Word wrap is no longer working as intended in tooltips. 

For longer strings, a line gets wrapped twice, first at the correct location and then at location that's far too early to be of any use. This results in a staggered texts as in the screen shot below.

This is issues is present in both PBI Desktop and the PBI Service. It affects both build-in visualizations and custom visualizations.

wordwrap.png

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just posted about the same issue too

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues/tab/most-recent

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

This issue has been reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 49240421
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

henrikj
Advocate II

@v-haibl-msft

This is not an issue of new-line characters, as reported in issue https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Tooltip-line-breaks-Online-but-not-on-Desktop/idc-p/275641#M...

The original text (used in a custom tool tip and entered manually in the Query Editor) is posted below. Please note that the line breaks doesn't correspond to the line breaks in my screen shot. The "|"-character is replaced in the visualization by a few linebreaks, but the screen shot is from a built-in visualization.

Hur ser det ut i de olika områdena under perioden?|
Om du klickar på/väljer ett Område så visas endast det områdets statistik samt händelser på kartan, i grafer och i sammanfattningar.|
Du kan samtidigt välja att ta fram statistik på en eller flera Kategorier eller Händelsetyper genom att klicka i de du är intresserad av.|
Du kan välja flera olika områden samtidigt för jämförelse. Klicka i de som du vill jämföra.|
Du kan växla mellan område och gatuadress i grafen genom att klicka på ned- och upppilarna i grafens övre vänstra hörn.