Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Why can't I see which of the data sources in my dataset does not support refresh?

I have a report that uses several data sources: tables from SQL, lists from SharePoint online and several JSON payloads from a webservice.

Whenever I open the dataset in workspace->dataset I see this message which is NOT very informative.

"You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh"

This report was refreshing in the past so I now need to go one by one and see which dataset is causing the problem and why. This means to remove datasets one at time, republish and see what is casuing the issue.

When try to refresh manually I also get an unhelpful error:

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Show technical details...

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Data source error

Unable to refresh the model (id=1338340) because it references an unsupported data source.
Cluster URIDF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID6f9f44c0-f02a-46c4-ab94-4724ee5bd645
Request ID807ba1df-f364-400a-1638-d3f46a89cfcb
Time2018-02-14 00:09:47Z

Thank you

Noam Topaz

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @noamto,

Please refer to this documentation. Seems you are from MS, you can file a support ticket here.

Best Regards,

Dale