Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Why are Issues identified as New Ideas in the Community Website?

So why is it that when I go to the "Issues" section of the Power BI Community it takes me to the "Hot Ideas" page? And to submit an Issue I need to click on the "Suggest an Idea" button. And then I need to select an "Idea Label", which of course has no correlation to the Issue that I'm trying to submit. What am I missing?

New Ideas.jpg

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @wrwillits ,

I have consulted the community admin with this problem, would update here once I get any response.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @wrwillits ,

I got below response from PG:

"It is not uncommon to use the ‘Ideas’ out of the box feature for other purposes within a community in order to leverage the ability to vote on suggestions and provide support teams an easier way to manage feedback from community members, whether that be ideas, issues, etc. We have recognized the confusion that this can bring to our users and realize that documentation on how to use this page, and why users see ‘Ideas’, ‘Hot Ideas’, ‘Suggest an Idea’, etc on this Issues board will be very helpful and hope to have something posted to the community very quickly. In addition, we are planning to scope out the requirements to change the text on this page to see if that is a viable option."

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu