Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Why am I not able to use relationship? My two tables have a same column (and same same content)

And my license is POWER BI PRO. Please support. Thanks.

asdq2e.png

Hi @sanglq1,

According to the screenshot from you, you are using live connect to Power BI datasets. In Live Connection mode,  you couldn’t build relationships by design.  If you would like to create relationships when your data source is Power BI dataset, you need to enable Direct Query for Power BI datasets and AS option firstly. After that, restart the Power BI Desktop and you can switch the connection mode to Direct Query. With Direct Query mode, you could build relationships.

vcazhengmsft_0-1660185246903.png

For more details about Direct Query to Power BI datasets, you could refer to

DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | ...

Using DirectQuery for datasets and Analysis Services (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @sanglq1,

According to the screenshot from you, you are using live connect to Power BI datasets. In Live Connection mode,  you couldn’t build relationships by design.  If you would like to create relationships when your data source is Power BI dataset, you need to enable Direct Query for Power BI datasets and AS option firstly. After that, restart the Power BI Desktop and you can switch the connection mode to Direct Query. With Direct Query mode, you could build relationships.

vcazhengmsft_0-1660185246903.png

For more details about Direct Query to Power BI datasets, you could refer to

DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | ...

Using DirectQuery for datasets and Analysis Services (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun