Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Where do I check logs like request id and activity id in Power BI

Hi,

I would like to understand how do I check on the issue with their IDs as I get in my Power Bi service. For example the below id error i get when I try to schedule a refresh in gateway.

Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.Hide details
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net 
Activity ID: bb796fec-a954-4d6a-9c20-4f7d4ba63732 
Request ID: 5a835d35-5785-46f1-9661-29c2fbca9cd5 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

We can check detail error based on RequestID internally via telemetry, this is not public. As you refresh dataset via gateway, you can check detail information around the error occurs in gateway log files. 

In your scenario, please check if you are able to refresh data successfully in Power BI desktop for the same report. Also please check if you hit uncompressed data limit, please reduce some data then refresh in Power BI service to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I have been gradually adding tables and running Scheduled Refresh. After adding 1-2 table it started giving the error. 
If that is the case, How can I extract data from multiple table without actually loading the tables itself (since reloading multiple tables takes it beyond the data limit)? I do need multiple tables on a particular reports and dashboards.