Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

When trying to open a PBIX file GETTING ERROR :-Object reference not set to an instance of an object

While trying to open a already saved PBIX file getting the error :- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  I'm not even able to open the file. I have lot of work in it.. How will I retrieve my file. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is bad from a tool perspective loosing all the work suddently. Atleast I should be able to open the file and deal with the error.. My source is snowflake. Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Check the Note in link below and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-snowflake

JohnMcClain77
Regular Visitor

I'm seeing the same exact issue.  I have 3 different reports that utilized the Snowflake connection and all 3 get this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Any other report that does not utilize the Snowflake connnection works fine.

This is a HUGE issue as I need to make edits to 2 of these reports and might have to start from scratch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnMcClain77 Please try to recover your work from autorecovery location, if its enabled. Yes, this is a serious issue indeed.

JohnMcClain77
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous Nothing in my Autorecovery folder.  Not sure that would help anyway.  I have tried re-downloading the pbix file from app.powerbi.com (this is the published version that is running fine for all my users).  When I try to open it I get the same error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  So again I can't make any edits to the report.