Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

When refresh fails, banner shows data updated at the fail time.

Using the New Look, the banner should display the last data refresh time, as noted in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/service-new-look#2-view-report-details. When the refresh fails, the banner should continue to display the last successful data refresh time, but I am seeing the latest refresh failure time, which confuses users who expect to see data changes that have not been successfully applied.

I believe the user who posted https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Report-data-updated-time-shows-up-although-the-refresh-has/... was reporting the same issue.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Taryn ,

So your requirement is that you need refresh history to not show the failure refresh(schedule/on demand) history, right? If so, I'm afraid this can't be achieved because this is by design.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Taryn
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuta-msft

No, my post had nothing to do with the refresh history. I don't believe I even mentioned refresh history. The refresh history should certainly continute to show both failures and successess.

My post is about the banner that was introduced here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/service-new-look#2-view-report-details. If you click on that link, you should see a picture of the banner that shows the last refresh date. When the data is refreshed, the banner shows the latest refresh time. It's misleading to show the last time that a refresh was attempted. The banner should show the last time the data was updated -- as the words data updated imply.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Taryn ,

Sorry for misunderstanding, based on my test, this issue should be fixed currently, the "Data updated" section is showing last successful refresh datetime now. The datetime showing will be changed from last refresh to last successful refresh in about 1 sec when you check the banner.

My testing environment:

Service version13.0.13387.241

Tenant: East US 2 (Virginia)

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Taryn
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuta-msft It's still wrong.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Taryn ,

If this issue still persists on your side, I would suggest you create a support ticket here for further analysis.

Support Ticket.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

I believe the issue we are trying to explain is that the "Data Updated" section of the banner in the new look shows the last date the report attempted to refresh, weather it is successful or not. We would like it to show only the last date of successful refresh.

For example, if a report refreshes monthly, but let us suppose the refresh for the current month failed for some reason. The user is going to see the report, and notice the refresh date is recent, but there will be no data for the current month.

Thanks for your help.