Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

When exporting maps to PDF the export happens before all the map has loaded correctly

We have a map using greyscale tiles. When exporting to PDF it appears that the default "Road" style map tiles are loaded, then the selected "greyscale" formatting is applied. However in the exported PDF we see a half greyscale / half colored map image. This should be fixed so that this visual is not rendered to the PDF until all the correct tiles are loaded.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @d_gosbell,

I have tested in Power BI desktop version 2.66.5376.1681 64-bit (February 2019), set Graysacle theme for the map visual, after exporting to PDF, the exported map visual displays in the expected Graysacle theme fine. Please try to update your Power BI desktop then test it again. 

w3.PNGw4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

d_gosbell
Super User

This issue appears to be intermittent as it's not happening this morning and I have not updated anything (we are using Power BI Report Server - Jan 2019)

I believe that this is related to network speed as I still visually see a flash of the default colored tiles before the grey scale tiles appear. I believe if I try this again later in the day once everyone else has started work and our internet connection is under more load that the issue will start happening again. Ideally the chosen map style should be applied earlier in the rendering pipeline for the map control so that there is no a flash of the default tiles

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @d_gosbell ,

The map visual in Power BI requires accessing Bing map API for geocoding, it indeed needs network connection. In your scenario, please ensure the report renders fine with Graysacle theme before exporting, then try to export to PDF again to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu