Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

When connecting to SharePoint online list, the list columns does not come in same order in Power Bi

When connecting to SharePoint online list, the list columns does not come in same order in Power Bi as in SharePoint. For example if I have column in SharePoint as Title, ID , Status, Rating... After importing to Power Bi i see the list has column in Order like Tile, ID, rating and Status.

Why is that so? is this the normal behaviour??

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you check the Column Orders setting for the SharePoint online list: 

q1.PNGq2.PNGq3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

That has already been checked and it seems to be default behaviour. The column ordering is not mapped in power Bi. It s completely different. Please check if you see the same issue, and something we can suggest as an idea. Thanks,

ankku

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

hI @Anonymous ,

If we set the Status column ahead of the Rating column in SharePoint list settings, the column Status column displays ahead of the Rating column is in Power BI desktop as well. 

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please try to update your Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.66.5376.2161 as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu