Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

When adding Xero dashboard is read only and not in Workspace (and no dataset)

Hi,

PowerBI online issue/problem.

I have added one organisation via Get Data > Services (Get) > Xero. 

When I added the first organisation everything went smoothly and was added to the 'My Workspace' section with the Dashboard etc. When adding additional Xero dashboard it is added as read only and not in Workspace (and no dataset).  

The Xero app is just added in the 'Apps' section and it is read only... When I add the second organisation, I type use a Nickname that matches the organisation name in Xero, however, I don't not get the 'organisation selection' or 'Authorise Application' spalsh screen for me to Authorise the PowerBI to access Xero.   

Can you only link one Xero organisation, or is there a way to extract that data from the 'App' section into the Workspace section and create dashboard in the workspace. I cannot Edit reports etc. (as read only so not very useful at the moment). 

I have all the same privledges in Xero (Adviser level).

Cheers

Sam

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @samueldenman,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

samueldenman

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Any update on this issue?

Thanks

Sam

BoostNest
Frequent Visitor

Still unresolved this is a major!

argentross
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue and I've been looking for topics on this too!

I have the same credentials, however I have to add that I'm only on powerbi pro trial version at this stage.

Below is the pop up I get.

image.png

Laure_C
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Exactly the same problem and pop up about "read only features" when I connect Xero to my Power BI account.

I am also on the Power BI pro trial version now.

Any update here?

Thank you

CharlesMarshall

Does anyone have any updates as to the reason for why this isn't working?

Laure_C
Regular Visitor

@CharlesMarshall I know it is not going to help but no, I don't have any update and wonder if I will switch to the paid version if this is not fixed soon...

BoostNest
Frequent Visitor

I don't think moving to a paid subscription will make a difference.

boris416
Regular Visitor

Hello, are there any updates on this issue?