Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Webview2 Process Failed Issue

Hi team!

I am getting this error "Webview2 Process Failed" randomly and suddenly while developing a report, which causes multiple crashes and severe lags. Is there a solution for this issue? Thank you in advance!|

acao96_0-1654791263583.png 

acao96_1-1654791320429.png

Hi @acao-96.,

May I know when did you get this error? When you edit your report in Power BI Desktop? Or when you are trying to connect to a data source that needs authorization?

Please try this solution firstly: Untick Power BI infrastructure update option in Preview feature by  clicking on File>Options and Settings>Options.

vcazhengmsft_0-1654829271085.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @acao-96.,

May I know when did you get this error? When you edit your report in Power BI Desktop? Or when you are trying to connect to a data source that needs authorization?

Please try this solution firstly: Untick Power BI infrastructure update option in Preview feature by  clicking on File>Options and Settings>Options.

vcazhengmsft_0-1654829271085.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

acao-96
Frequent Visitor

Hi there, 

Thank you for getting back to me. I got this error 3 days ago when I edited my report in Power BI Desktop. I had tried the solution you suggested but it still gave me the same error. 

Anh