Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Web service dataset refresh status pages all inconsistent

I'm seeing wildly inconsistent information from the 3 different pages in the Power BI web service that show the refresh status:

1. workspace page: not running, last refresh failed
2. dataset settings page: not running, last refresh succeeded

3. refresh history pop-up: running, last refresh failed

All pages were ctrl-refreshed multiple times, tabs closed and re-opened etc.

Screenshots:

power bi web dataset refresh confusion 1 2022-09-17.png

power bi web dataset refresh confusion 2 2022-09-17.png

power bi web dataset refresh confusion 3 2022-09-17.png

Hi @mike_honey,

May I know did you refresh by on-demand refresh or schedule refresh? If it is refreshed by scheduled refresh, how did you set your scheduled refresh?

You could try this rest api to get the specified dataset refresh and compare it with the records on Power BI service and see which part of refresh history is incorrect.

Datasets - Get Refresh History In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mike_honey,

May I know did you refresh by on-demand refresh or schedule refresh? If it is refreshed by scheduled refresh, how did you set your scheduled refresh?

You could try this rest api to get the specified dataset refresh and compare it with the records on Power BI service and see which part of refresh history is incorrect.

Datasets - Get Refresh History In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

mike_honey
Memorable Member

As shown above it's a mixture of on-demand and scheduled refresh. The most recent at that point in time were on-demand.

The rest API doesnt seem a practical solution - the audience are the analysts who expect to be able to direct dataset refresh without custom coding.