Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

We couldn't connect to the Marketplace. Please check your connection to the internet

I would like to use custom visuals. Your service seems to allow certain .pbix files to connect to the Marketplace, but not others. The closest thing to a pattern that I have noticed is that once I add a measure, I am no longer able to get to the Marketplace. 

The most unfortunate thing is that I have some sophisticated tools created that need the functionality and visually appeasing aesthetics the Marketplace visuals offer.

Please help me understand why I can, then cannot connect to the Marketplace. This is extremely frustrating and slowing down productivity. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DerekVisser,

Does the issue happen on Power BI service or Power BI desktop? 

As you mentioned the issue seems happen to some specific report, please share the pbix file and detail steps for us to reproduce the issue. If it's possible, you can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox and send the share link to me via private message. 

To work around the issue, you can download pbiviz file from custom visual marketplace then import the custom visual file to the report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

DerekVisser

Hi Qiuyun Yu:

I do not have a one drive. It is using Power BI Desktop.

Thank you for pointing me to the web version of the Marketplace. I will use this method for the time being. 

Even if I shared, to recreate the issue it would be impossible to demonstrate via .pbix file. The reason it is not possible is because the files I create work as soon as I open them and establish a connection I can access the marketplace, download multiple viuals then at some point I just cannot access the Marketplace.

Note: I have had the issue regardless the network I have connected to. Marketplace works, then doesn't using my personal home network connection, my work wireless network, and my work LAN network connection. 

I had 10 files work then not work. I am uncertain if it is due to the "new measures" I calculate, but it happened to every sigle file I used yesterday. I used two different connection types; One was an excel file on my local machine and the other was an azure sql analysis server. Both behaved in the exact same manner. Worked for a bit, then didn't. Even my older .pbix files fail to connect now as shown  in the image below:

Unable to connect to marketplace.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DerekVisser,

Please create a support ticket and let engineers look into your environment. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

StephenF
Responsive Resident

Same issue. If I restart my PiBX I can connect. Its really annoying as it happens after a few minutes in every session where i can no longer connect. A similar issue happens when I try to publish.

karma_dj
Regular Visitor

I have also faced the same issues