Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

We cannot convert the value "[Function]" to type Function

Hello,

I am using a Function to calculate net work days. My data source settings are marked as Organizational. I have been manually republishing the dataset for months without error. Now that I am using a gateway to automate the refresh, I get this Function error. It is most disconcerting as there are very few ways to calculate net work days. What is the complete solution to be able to use Functions and schedule an automated data refresh? What other information do you need about this error to diagnose and treat?

Thanks, Tim

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TimDyeson,

Please refresh the same report in Power BI desktop to see if the same issue occurs. 

Besides, there is a known issue about schedule refresh with gateway. Please also keep an eye on the state of this issue: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

TimDyeson
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I get the same problem in the desktop app. Thank you for the link to the issue alert.

Tim

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TimDyeson,

As the issue happens in Power BI desktop as well, I think the issue is not related to the known issue listed on Support site. 

Does the same error occurs in the desktop? Please troubleshoot the issue based on the message in desktop to fix the issue firstly. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu