Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

We are not able to restrict Legend Colour for Column chart

Hi Team, I have to created a Column chart using the following item locations amount, time period X axis =time period, Y axis = Amount, Legend =locations I have a stacked Column chart displaying Amount by time period ( Amount on y axis, time period on x axis) collected at a number of different locations.. In order to facilitate comparaison of time pweriod visitation amount for different locations, I am using the locations as the categories for the "Legend" field Typically, the end user will only select a few locations at a time (let's say a max of 3). However, by default Power BI assigns a static color to each category. What I would like to do is assign the legend colors dynamically based on the number of locations selected. For example, if only one location is selected it is always green. If two are selected, one is green and one is blue. If third is selected, green, blue and yellow. Etc. It really doesn't matter which location is assigned which color when selected so ;that isn't a constraint. Regards Arjun V
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

It's not able to set conditional formatting for data colors if the chart legend has values. For your requirement, please vote on this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37911250-enable-conditional-formatting-for-legends-and-colu

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered