Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

We are having an issue with the Date column across many reports within Power BI desktop.

When filtering for a specific date in a date column within a marked date table, no rows are found.  For example, if I filter for 'equal to'  24/05/2022 by picking the date from the calendar, the results is no rows.

I can filter for a date range using the 'between' filter. Hoewever, using 'on or after' only gives me the 'after'. So filtering for 'on or after' 01/05/2022, results in dates from the 02/05/2022 onwards. I would expect this to show me 01/05/2022 and after.

This has been consistent across multople reports and different date tables today

Hi @searl 

Judging by PG , it's a known bug . They will fix it and roll it out soon. Please wait patiently .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @searl 

Can you show your issue with video or screenshot ? I can't intuitively judge the cause of the problem from your description.

Best Regards,

searl
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply.

I am in power BI desktop, data view. I am filtering for dates so that I can compare data while creating a report. I am in the marked date table (although this is the same with any date column in any table), in the date column and want to filter for a specific date;

Screenshot 1.png

When I click on the down arrow > date filters > equals > specific date;

Screenshot 2.png

The result is 0 rows even though I know it is there and ther are no other filters. This happens with all dates, across multiple tables, multiple reports and is not unique to my company. A colleague has also tried this using his personal laptop and personal account. 

Also when selecting a range of dates so clicking on  down arrow > date filters > between > is on or after> specific date; Screenshot 3.png

The result only gives the 'after'. For on or after 01/07/2022, I would expect to see 01/07/2022 in the result. But the result is days after the 'on or after date;

Screenshot 4.png

Whereas the 'in or before' option works absolutely fine. I can use our date table's DateKey and FullDate to sort (you can see those columns in the picture) as they are text columns. Is seems that it filtering any date column is the issue.

To filter for the 24th may 2022, for example, I have to go to 'down arrow > date filters > between > is on or after> 23/05/2022 and before 25/05/2022' rather than just selecting the date.

As I said, it's not just happening on work accounts but with personal accounts too and any column with datatype 'date'.

Any help would be appreciated

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @searl 

I tested the date fliters you metioned , when I choose "equals" and select a date in date column ,return a null value ; choose "is on or after" , return date is greater than the seketed date . None of them contain the selected date . But it works when choose "is on or before" . If you want to use date filter , you can put the date column in Filters .

Ailsamsft_0-1657172758165.png

I have submitted it to ICM and the ID is 319032422 . If there is news, I will come back and update.

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @searl 

Judging by PG , it's a known bug . They will fix it and roll it out soon. Please wait patiently .

Best Regards,

searl
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly on this. At least there are work arounds but good to know there's a fix on the way