Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Viz alter on in PBI Service

This appeared to a few of our viz over the last 24 hours, and I can't find the root cause.

Create a "Stacked Column with Line" Viz (1 set of columns & 2 lines) - All good in PBI Desktop.

Publish to PBI, and one of the two lines disappear.

Upon testing - If I rebuild that viz from scratch, then I (generally) can publish it. However occasionally, if I change some of the fields around it breaks and one line disappears. Going back to the fields that existed prior to the break doesn't fix it. If I copy a 'broken' viz, then I can't ever repar it.

These viz have operated fine for over a year. 

These two viz have the IDENTICAL viz settings & datamodel & on the same PBI report page. 

mdent_0-1612278783286.png

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @mdent ,

Based on my test, seems could not reproduce it in my side, the visual would show the same as in power bi desktop when it has been published to power bi service.

In destopIn destopIn ServiceIn Service

After changing some of fields(whether the column name or the column value), no line would disappear.

Perhaps you can try to use the latest version of power bi desktop and try to publish to other workspaces to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

mdent
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your testing.

I took your advice about updating to the latest PBI Desktop - Upon doing that - the viz that were broken this time are ALSO broken in PBI Desktop. See appendix 1.

Weirdly, in PBI Desktop - when I change this chart type - all three values appear. See appendix 2.

Thankfully - Since I can now see when something is broken in PBI Desktop - That now means I can occasionally get a working version - Which I can use in my published versions. See appendix 3.

Appendix 1.

mdent_0-1612342435557.png

Appendix 2.

mdent_1-1612342484546.png

Appendix 3.

mdent_2-1612342545103.png

mdent
Frequent Visitor

After rebuilding some of these - It appears that having a conditional title on the viz is having some interplay.

When I remove the conditional title, the viz builds in the correct fashion. Reapply, and this odd behaviour returns.

I have been trying to reproduce this with local test data to share - however not managed to reproduce on a file yet where the dataset and report are bound into the same pbix. My live prod. version is a live connection to a PBI dataset for the report file.

mdent
Frequent Visitor

Something else that was discovered throughout this - the Viz connected to a datasource of a live connection to a PBI composite dataset all broke.

However - Have the same viz on another client, where their connection is a live connection to a PBI IMPORT dataset - these have not broken.

We have recovered our published content to the desired state. 

However, I believe a bug has emerged in the 22/1 desktop release around bar|line charts. 

If I find any further info, I will post here.