Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visuals not working on a live connection

I am trying to use PowerBI desktop with a live connection because the dataset is too large to load individually. The problem is that no matter what visual I pick, I am unable to put a category in the Values section.

Can anyone help?

Hi @Anonymous,

May I know what is your live connection data source? Is it a Power BI dataset or a SSAS tabular mode?

What is the version of your Power BI Desktop? Are you using the latest version of Power BI Desktop? Did you try with some previous versions?

Could you please provide a screenshot to let me know how you are creating your visual?

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous,

May I know what is your live connection data source? Is it a Power BI dataset or a SSAS tabular mode?

What is the version of your Power BI Desktop? Are you using the latest version of Power BI Desktop? Did you try with some previous versions?

Could you please provide a screenshot to let me know how you are creating your visual?

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

My live connection data source is an analysis service.

I am using version 2.108.603.0 of Power BI Desktop, which I'm pretty sure is the latest version.

Screenshots are below. The first is what the chart looked like before I added the value, and the second is what it looked like after I clicked the little check mark on the value in the Fields pane. (I could not drag anything into the Values field under the charts in the Visualizations pane.) The third is just me logging into the analysis service.

Chart before.pngChart after.pngAnalysis Database Load.png